This past weekend was a long weekend for us Canadians, and it gave me some time to finally get my life a bit more organized and plan some meals. I found this recipe at one of my go-to food blogs, Naturally Ella. All her recipes are Vegetarian, but I usually just add my meat of choice. For this one I added some rotisserie chicken. It was gooooooooooood. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- pinch corriander, tumeric, and paprika
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Add Chicken (optional)
- In a large skillet or stock pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat of medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about five minutes. Add cauliflower and pepper, continue to cook until cauliflower begins to soften- another five minutes.
- While vegetables cook, in a small sauce pan combine remaining olive oil, garlic, and spices. Heat and whisk until sauce is warm and combined. Add spice mixture, beans, zucchini, and vegetable broth to vegetables. Continue to cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Liquid will reduce by half and vegetables will be cooked through. Remove from heat and serve over rice.